Need a hand to prepare your tax return?
Volunteers can help you prepare your income tax and benefit return if you have modest income (below $35,000) and a simple tax situation (see eligibility requirements below).
To register for an appointment, click the button below:RSVP Here
Once registered, our constituency office will contact you to schedule a time slot for your appointment. Please note that walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
To find out if you are eligible for our free tax preparation services, see the requirements below:
To qualify, you must have modest income and a simple tax situation.
Your total household/family income must also be less than the amount shown in the chart below:
Total Household Income Calculator
Source: Canada Revenue Agency
|Family size||Total household income|
|more than 5 persons||$52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person|
Simple Tax Situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from the following sources:
- Benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- Registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- Interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation does not qualify if you:
- Are self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have business income and expenses (unless income is in box 048 on a T4A slip and less than $1,000 with no related expenses)
- Have rental income and expenses
- Have interest income over $1,000
- Have capital gains or losses
- File for bankruptcy
- Completing a tax return for a deceased person